I have been nominated for my first ever blogging award – The Very Inspiring Blogger – by Vikki over at The View Outside, so many thanks for that! I must admit I feel an absolute fraud because I do so little blogging on my own account – my aim with this blog was to showcase some of my writing, to post the occasional piece of news and to bribe other writers to give their personal perspective and experiences, which I hope have been interesting, inspiring and entertaining.
Now I have to give seven facts about myself and nominate seven other inspiring bloggers. So here goes…
My seven facts (no one said they had to be interesting):
1. I have been vegetarian for over twenty five years for ethical reasons.
2. Bruce Springsteen once chatted me up when I was working on the bar at Hammersmith Odeon. I hadn’t heard him or seen him in action at that point and didn’t like his woolly hat so I didn’t encourage him…
3. My favourite film is Don’t Look Now with Fargo a close second.
4. I have never worn lipstick. The greasy mouth-print of someone else’s on a glass gives me the heebie-jeebies.
5. I enjoy swing dancing (jive, lindy hop and balboa) at least a couple of times a week.
6. I can’t stand the smell or taste of goat’s cheese, which is a bit of a bugger as a vegetarian.
7. My favourite song is La Mer by Charles Trenet, the original recording. I can’t explain how I feel when I hear it but no other song comes close.
So now that you know me really well, perhaps we could do lunch? Clean glasses and no goat’s cheese, please.
My seven inspiring bloggers are:
1. Larry Brooks at Storyfix.com
2. Tony at Finding Subjects
3. Jill Marsh
4. Lynley Stace at bloggity blog blog
5. Marc Nash at Sulci Collective
6. Simon Kewin at Spellmaking
7. Calum Kerr at The Unmitigated Audacity of Calum Kerr
There are so many more inspiring bloggers out there, I’m sorry I couldn’t squeeze them all in, but I hope you enjoy the ones above.
And finally, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Blogging in 2013!